Title: Regional Manager – Maryland
Job Code: 2021-SUN342-VG-007
Location: Sunbelt Natural Food Distributors
FT/PT Status: Regular Full Time
Sunbelt Natural Foods is seeking a Regional Manager for the Distribution Center (DC) located in Hagerstown, MD. This position will be responsible for directing the overall distribution center operations; to include customer service, shipping, storage and receiving, sales, asset & expense management, team members and warehouse management. The Regional Manager is responsible for directing the regional sales and will develop and implement sales strategies to growth and sustain market exposure.
Skills, Education, and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (e.g., Management, Logistics, Business Administration, Financial Management, Production/Operations Management)M
- Management experience within an operations/distribution/logistics/ environment
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, supervisors and customers.
- Ability to perform heavy manual tasks under varying weather conditions.
- Hands-on Manager who can operate with limited direction.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal and presentation skills are required.
- Organization and time management skills, detail oriented, able to prioritize in a multi-tasking environment and ability to work under and adhere to specific deadlines.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving abilities.
- Familiarity with Inventory Management and Customer Database is necessary.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20-30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Responsible for day-to-day activities of planning, executing and collaborating all phases of the Warehouse and Distribution operations
- Regularly meet with the COO and ADCOM team to discuss and review work methods, policies and procedures, and staffing needs to achieve accurate and timely movement of product.
- Liaison between management and DC staff to ensure transparent and effective communication throughout the organization
- Work closely with COO to establish regional annual goals and develop strategic plans accordingly.
- Proactively seek to improve process functioning outcomes and strive for enhanced levels of efficiency.
- Manage execution of day-to-day Distribution Center operations (both Distribution and Warehouse) within parameters the of Safety, Service, and Cost
- Identify and sign in new customers; create awareness for the company products and services; effectively communicate benefits and opportunities available to meet customers’ needs in order to increase company sales.
- Responsible for maintaining good customer relationships by ensuring on time delivery and accuracy of shipments.
- Plan delivery routes to ensure most economical use of time, gas and equipment.
- Work closely with Human Resources to support team members as needed to ensure effective recruiting, hiring, training and development, and retention; responsible for interviewing, training, counseling & appraisal performance, and record keeping process for assigned DC staff.
- Oversee the inbound and outbound operation of the DC; loading and unloading of trucks, pulling/loading orders, and shipping while maintaining a clean and safe warehouse.
- Ensure the warehouse layout is maximized efficiently, including proper staging of inventory; ensuring proper cleaning, maintenance and organization of all warehouse areas for the safest working environment.
- Ensure daily compliance of distribution center with company safety operations, policies, and procedures.
- Perform routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refer defects or repairs to supervisor; clean equipment.
- Be a visible and engaging leader and have that expectation of your team; striving to maintain productivity and morale at a high level.
- Other duties needed to meet DC and company objectives as assigned by Chief Operational Officer (COO).