Title: Customer Care Representative – Full Time
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Category: Customer Service/Support
FLSA Status: Hourly/Non-Exempt
The customer care representative (CCR) assists the Sales Department with functions related to orders and customer service. As a primary point of contact the CCR provides first class service to internal and external customers by demonstrating in-depth knowledge of company products and programs.
- Partners with the Sales Team to meet and exceed customer’s service expectations.
- Process incoming customer orders/changes/returns (via phone or email)
- Responds to customer’s inquiries about order status and product information in a timely & accurate manner.
- Identifies opportunities to make product suggestions in order to increase sales.
- Prepares and distributes invoices to customers as required.
- Review and resolve issues with customers such as order discrepancies and errors. Process orders change.
- Communicates consistently with internal departments:
- Management and Sales Team – past due invoices, account holds, returns and credit memos
- Shipping and Warehouse – coordinate order logistics, identify inventory discrepancies
- Purchasing – ETA on shipments, discontinued and promotional items,
- Assist with freight coordination.
- Files all client documents, sales orders, invoices and other correspondence appropriately.
- Maintains a balance between company policy and customer benefit in decision making. Handles issues in the best interest of both customer and company.
- Provides feedback to the company regarding service failures or customer concerns.
- Continuously evaluates and suggests process improvements to positively impact the customer’s experience.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent related training and experience.
- Two to five (2-5) year’s customer care related experience is required.
Skills & Abilities:
- Detail Oriented – Attention to details and accuracy.
- Computer Aptitude -Proficient use Microsoft Word & Excel and Internet navigation.
- Communication skills, both verbally and written. Interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from suppliers, customers, management and inter-department staff. Customer Service – Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed. Follow up as needed.
- Planning / Organization – Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities/deadlines and shift priorities as necessary. Uses time effectively.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Follows through on commitments. Capable of working with internal staff from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Familiarity with Inventory Management and Customer Database is a plus.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20-30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.