Title: Truck Driver
Location: Hagerstown, MD
FLSA Status: Full-Time Non- Exempt
A Truck Driver is responsible for transporting goods from one location to another. The job
duties include loading their vehicles, abiding by traffic laws and ensuring safe loading, transportation and
unloading at delivery destination.
● Perform a variety of duties in the operation such as loading, hauling, dispatching, etc.
● Securing cargo and properly arranging it within the vehicle. Ensure safety transportation of goods.
● Plan route to ensure most economical use of time and equipment.
● Communicate with Sales representative, customers and ports of destination about transportation status and delivery/pick up estimated time of arrival.
● Ensure accurate delivery by verifying items number and quantities with invoice.
● Ensure proper management of packaging materials such as invoices, purchase orders, bill of lading of products to be transported.
● Communicate order errors and returns to sales representative, sales managers and warehouse manager.
● Perform routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refer defects or repairs to supervisor; clean equipment.
● Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor
● Valid state CDL-B license
● High school or GED equivalent or one (1) year relevant experience.
● Thorough knowledge of traffic laws and defensive driving.
● Ability to safely drive various vehicles.
● Ability to perform heavy manual tasks under varying weather conditions.
Skills & Abilities:
● Detail Oriented – Attention to details and accuracy.
● Communication skills – Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
● Planning / Organization – Ability to prioritize and manage multiple duties and work independently.
● Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
● Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
● Positive Atittude – Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, supervisors and the general public
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; and sometimes climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20-30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent
in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related
duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably
accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes
and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or
significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum
levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.