Title: WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE
Location: Apopka, FL
FLSA Status: Part Time Non- Exempt
The Warehouse Associate coordinates and participates in the receipt, storage, loading and unloading,
delivery, and inventory of materials, food items, supplies, and equipment; ensuring specifications, quantity
and quality of orders are correct; verifying stock and identifying losses; maintaining and organized warehouse
layout; and ensuring safe operation of equipment. This job reports to Warehouse Manager.
- Prepares orders by pulling from stock for the purpose of meeting delivery requirements.
- Loads delivery vehicles, ensures that all items and supplies are properly secured.
- Receives stock, verifies item specifications, quantity and quality for each order.
- Stocks items on a First in First Out basis, maintains required inventory levels.
- Conducts physical inventories, verifying expiration dates and identifying losses.
- Maintains various files and records (e.g. temperature and maintenance logs, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, and providing materials and reliable resource information.
- Processes a variety of documents (e.g. Sales Orders, Invoice, Purchase orders, Bill of Lading) and communicates with appropriate parties to ensure accurate information.
- Maintains and cleans warehouse facilities as assigned for the purpose of keeping them in orderly, clean and safe condition.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Ability to communicate in both English and Spanish (Bilingual)
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull or guide up to 50 pounds individually ability to work well with co-workers and customers and ability to work under pressure. Willing to take orders from supervisor.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Job related experience is desired
- Forklift Operator’s Certificate a plus but not required.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; and sometimes climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20-30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent
in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related
duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably
accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes
and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or
significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum
levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.