Title: JR. ACCOUNTANT – FULL TIME
Location: Apopka, FL
Category: Accounting/Customer Service/Support
FLSA Status: Hourly/Non-Exempt
The Jr. Accounting position assists the Senior Accountant with functions related to accounts receivable, accounts payable, customer invoices, credits and collections. Requires knowledge of company policies and organizational structure; ability to follow through on assignments in a timely manner; high level of tact, friendliness and strong interpersonal skills with well-developed organizational and time management skills. Uses office-automated systems to input data, generate reports, conduct specialized research projects and respond to inquiries.
Responsible for Managing the Accounts Receivables
- Communicate with customers to address any past due invoices on their account
- Communicates consistently with Management, Customer Service and Sales Team about customer’s past due invoices, account hold’s, returns and credit memos.
- Keeps the Sale Team informed of A/R aging reports each month.
- Apply all A/R payment to customer accounts.
- Works closely with the Senior Accountant to resolve disputed credit items.
- Assist the Senior Accountant in audit assessments
- Responsible for filling each quarter the IFTA forms to the state and following up with renewals on the vehicles each year.
- Maintenance of vehicle records with registration and insurance cards on file.
- Coordinate and welcome walking customers in our lobby to make sure they are registering in the logbook. Also keeps forms necessary to fulfil this task.
- Become part of the activities planning team at SNF.
- Assist with Customer Service;
- Process customers’ orders from the initial taking of the order through the billing of the order and A/R.
- Provides timely and accurate information to customer’s about order status and/or product requests.
- Process customer orders/changes/returns according to department policies and procedures.
- Maintain a balance between company policy and customer benefit in decision making. Handles issues in the best interest of both customer and company.
- Provide feedback to the company regarding service failures or customer concerns.
- Continuously evaluates and suggests process improvements to positively impact the customer’s experience.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum of one (1) year of Accounting or Administrative work.
Skills & Abilities:
- Detail Oriented – Attention to details and accuracy.
- Computer Aptitude -Proficient use Microsoft Word & Excel and Internet navigation.
- Communication skills, both verbally and written. Interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from suppliers, customers, management and inter-department staff. Customer Service – Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed. Follow up as needed.
- Planning / Organization – Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities/deadlines and shift priorities as necessary. Uses time effectively.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Follows through on commitments. Capable of working with internal staff from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Familiarity with Inventory Management and Customer Database is a plus.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20-30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent
in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related
duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably
accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes
and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or
significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum
levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.